Is Machrihanish Spaceport still progressing?

All about the UK's 'Machrihanish' Spaceport at Machrihanish, Campbeltown, Scotland.
when_m00n?

Is Machrihanish Spaceport still progressing?

Post by when_m00n? » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:03 pm

It all seems very unclear at the moment which UK Spaceport sites are progressing and which aren't... there's nothing on Machrihanishs' website news since Jan 2017 when it said there was still an investigation for the potential for a horizontal launch site... I really with the government would be more clear about which UK spaceport sites are progressing and which aren't.. Machrihanish appears on the official Guide to UK Commercial Spaceports.. which was updated last in May 2021 so you'd assume it is still progressing but the specific website for Machrihanish seems to suggest otherwise.. all very confusing.. does anyone know for sure?

mcmarsrover

Re: Is Machrihanish Spaceport still progressing?

Post by mcmarsrover » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Hey when_m00n? :)

From what I know it won a load of funding money to develop its plans for the spaceport (source: https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport ... ng-1406639) that was 2019 so I guess they're still developing the plans... you would think they would update their own news section on their website more regularly if they're serious though wouldn't you..

when_m00n?

Re: Is Machrihanish Spaceport still progressing?

Post by when_m00n? » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:08 pm

Ah mega thanks dude :) I should really have been less lazy and googled it myself haha :)