Spaceport America official Website.

All about 'Spaceport America' in Southern New Mexico
when_m00n?

Spaceport America official Website.

Post by when_m00n? » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 am

mcmarsrover

Re: Spaceport America official Website.

Post by mcmarsrover » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:25 am

Not that it should matter but it seems to me (looking at the image here) that the kind of people who will be able to book the first trips into space would expect something a little more... glitzy? stylish? https://www.spaceportamerica.com/virgin ... -to-space/

when_m00n?

Post by when_m00n? » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:29 am

I thought the same actually, but then moved on.. I agree, it shouldn't and doesn't really matter.

mcmarsrover

Post by mcmarsrover » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:30 am

out_of_this_world

Post by out_of_this_world » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:15 am

I've flown quite a bit for work and travel through the U.S. often. In my experience their lounges are never that swanky. The food might be nice and there might be a bartender serving drinks, but it's nothing like you'd see in Japan, France, or Dubai. Maybe the ultra-rich hang out in a lounge I cannot possibly know about, but I've seen celebs sat near me, so I think that's just how it is. Maybe the spaceport is following along with the airport lounges.

George

Post by George » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:57 am

Is it just me, or does it sound like ticket buyers will be able to hobnob with the astronauts and their families? I feel awful for the astronauts if that's how it will play out. I suppose that's the trade-off for using commercial funding though.

Alien Squad

Post by Alien Squad » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:34 pm

George wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:57 am
Is it just me, or does it sound like ticket buyers will be able to hobnob with the astronauts and their families? I feel awful for the astronauts if that's how it will play out. I suppose that's the trade-off for using commercial funding though.
To be fair, I bet that sort of thing has always occurred, it just wasn't advertised like it is today. Maybe it was more political with big donors and interest groups being granted access, but I believe it's always been there.